Monday, November 17, 2014

It's Here: Ipsy Bag November 2014

Another month is here, and that means another Ipsy bag has arrived at my doorstep.  There's just something about the pink bubble wrap mailer that gives me so much joy.  Even if I cheated again this month and looked at my Glam Room ASAP when it was ready.  Let's see what $10 got me, shall we?



Right out of the bag, all of my items couldn't fit in the silver glittery makeup pouch.  This months theme is "Girl Meets Glitter."  I like glitter, but not so much on my face.  Luckily this ultra glittery makeup bag is covered with plastic so that I'm not leaving a trail of glitter wherever I go.  Just a healthy trail of sass and side eye glances.
Inside the bag there's a tag proclaiming "Forever 21 Cosmetics for Ipsy." I've tried F21 lip gloss a few times and some Ipsy subscribers received Love & Beauty Forever 21 Creme Lipstick this month in Berry.  That's a nice little tie in, because I always forget that they have a makeup line.

From left to right:
Nicole by OPI in Guys & Galaxies .05oz(full sized)
Elizabeth Mott You're So Fine Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Glitterati 0.1oz
J. Cat Wonder Lip Paint in Mad Splatter 0.33oz(full sized)
Temptu S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl 0.1oz
be Delectable from Cake Beauty in Strawberry & Cream 2oz
The J. Cat Wonder Lip Paint in Mad Splatter is a magenta color with purple shimmer flecks.  It's a great nighttime color.  The same full sized Wonder Lip Paint is $4.99 at jcatbeauty.com. The tube that this product comes in reminds me of the tube that Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tars come in.  The formula is really a gloss.  I didn't find it super long lasting, nor did it leave a noticeable stain.  But as a gloss, this Wonder Lip Paint will do nicely.


Check out that super fine tip.  It's perfect for applying an extra fine line with this liquid eyeliner.  I'd never tried anything by Elizabeth Mott. The You're SO Fine Liquid Eyeliner in Glitterati is a deep dark black with the slightest hint of shimmer/glitter.  I'm a big fan of liquid eyeliner, so I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of this one.

Obviously I applied a super thick layer of Temptu S/B Highlighter, but only so you could get a good idea of the color, Pink Pearle.  It sort of reminds me of Benefit High Beam.  A little bit will go long way.  Since a liquid, I'd recommend it for use on normal to dry skin.

I honestly have so many lotion products, so I was sure the hand cream I got this month would get gifted.  I was wrong, because the Strawberry & Cream scent smells just like my grand fathers homemade strawberry ice cream! Be Delectable by Cake Beauty hand cream feels great  as well.  Since it's sold at Kohls, it'd be easy to get my hands on too, which I love.


I've got plenty of OPI nail polishes, so I was sure I'd love Guys & Galaxies from Nicole by OPI.  Glitter nails I can always do, even if it is a pain in the butt to remove.  Well, usually.  I painted my nails with this polish, and used my regular top coat and base coat.  It peeled completely off in less than 24 hours.  But I won't be giving up on Guys & Galaxies just yet.  I may use it as a fun sparkly top coat.

As a bonus, last month I used my Ipsy Points to get an extra product.  It was 250 Ipsy Points for Evian Facial Spray in the 1.7oz size which is usually $7.  Yes, it's mineral water in a can. Don't you dare judge me! As Zoolander says:"Moisture is the essence of wetness and wetness is the essence of beauty." My place is so dry during the winter.  My water bottle humidifier helps add some moisture to the air at night, but a little spray of this is so refreshing.

What did you think of your Ipsy bag? I want to hear all about it! And don't forget to throw a like at the new That Glamorous But Frazzled Mom's FaceBook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment