Friday, November 28, 2014

Fun Lip Friday: Rocky Horror Show & MAC

So my parents raised me well and were very very strict.  However, they also raised me with a healthy dose of kitsch.  That means I knew all about the sweet transvestite from Transylvania.  The very moment I saw that MAC was doing a collection featuring Rocky Horror Picture Show, I just HAD to go there.



Well I didn't make it to my local MAC store until 2 whole days after the actual launch.  Shame on me because they were all sold out.  Almost.  A helpful associate saw that I really wanted it as I started doing the Time Warp among the aisles(it's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right...).  She produced one single tube of Oblivion.



Damnit, Janet, I love yoooooooou! Ok, I'm not sure that was her name, but she made my day.  Like all limited edition MAC collections, the packaging is beautiful and it's going to look great prominently displayed in my makeup room.  But unlike most collectors, I just HAD to use it.  Oblivion is a gorgeous true red.  The sales associate said it's comparable to MAC's beloved Ruby Woo, but less glossy.  That means it looks good on everyone!  I was not disappointed.


As far as a swatch, I'll do you one better! That's me as Rosie the Riveter and my husband dressed as a B-Boy for Halloween.  I'm rocking those Oblivion covered lips.  I used a clear lip liner and this lipstick didn't budge.  

So I'd like to give a toast(audience throws toast) for MAC.  They killed it with this collection.  I wish I could've gotten my hands on the grease paint sticks, but there's always Ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment