Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Fun Lip Friday: Wet & Wild

Back when I was a teenager, Wet and Wild was my mane makeup source.  If my allowance was $10, I knew I was getting 10 things, minus essentials like Seventeen magazine.  Because everything from Wet and Wild was $.99.  I was adventurous too.  Lots of blue mascara, frosty pink and brown lipstick, and of course so much silver eyeshadow.  I was fabulous.



Over the years, Wet & Wild and I grew apart just a little.  But if I was in a hurry to get somewhere and needed something I'd left in my makeup bag at home, I'd go to the drugstore straight to Wet & Wild.  I still take time to check out their latest offerings any chance I get.  If you look on Pinterest you'll find Wet & Wild all over the dupe pins.  Wet & Wild is still a big deal.  Just not in my makeup bag so much anymore.

Until I heard tell of some new and limited edition edition lipsticks.  Only 4 shades were released.  The containers had rubber/matte bottoms.  They were supposed to be a Nars dupe.  Sure, fine, whatever.  I figured I'd grab them when I passed through the drugstore next.  Except I couldn't.  They were sold out everywhere I went.  I hadn't wanted to go out of my way, so I figured I'd just order them online.  I could've done that if I'd been willing to pay $10 per tube on eBay.  No way.  Wet & Wild lipsticks are only $1.99 or so.  What was the deal with these lipsticks?

I finally got my hands on these at a drugstore.  They weren't anywhere near the Wet & Wild display.  They were on a shelf, on their side, forgotten and all alone.  So I got to try all 4.  Here they are!

From top to bottom: Sweet Cream, Urban Night, Bordeaux Boulevard, and Sunset Siren


Color me impressed.  One swipe gives you buttery deeply pigmented richness.  And the color actually lasts too.  I wore Urban Night to a play date and got lots of compliments, even a few hours after I first applied.
I think Urban Night goes nicely with my Pastel Goth look here.

I'm not sure these are still available, but I'll definitely be giving Wet & Wild's other lipsticks a try. The quality far surpasses what I'd expect from a $1.99 lipstick.  Let me know if you've tried them, what you think, and what other lip looks you'd like to see on Fun Lip Friday! Visit me on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment