Saturday, March 7, 2015

Sephora Rogue Status vs Sephora Flash

About 6 months ago I started evaluating my life.  As a mom, wife, daughter and friend, was I doing enough? Was I giving it my all and making each day overflow with joy and wonder for all those around me? Yes. Obviously.  But still...something was missing.  Well the good news is that I didn't have to go on a long drawn out 'Eat Pray Love' style spiritual journey to find it.  My calling came in the form of not being able to get an item from Sephora early because I wasn't VIB Rouge.  Suddenly it was like I was 21 again, waiting outside Sound-Bar because my too cheap boyfriend at the time was too cheap to slip the bouncer a twenty.  I was back in middle school, the only kid without those terrible JNCO Jeans.  No, this would not do.  I'm an adult, I'm fabulous, and I will be VIB Rouge.



So what does it take to be VIB Rouge?  The most simple way to explain it is that you have to spend $1000 within a calendar year.  Once you spend $1000 between January and December, you've got VIB Rouge status for the rest of the year and through the next year.

The benefits of being VIB Rouge? Well so far in my experience there haven't really been many more than what a regular VIB has.  A VIB is the status you receive for spending $350 within a calendar year.  VIB Rouge benefits do include early access to certain items.  For instance, when Naked on the Run was released on Sephora's website, VIB Rouge was able to purchase it a couple days early.  VIB Rouge's also had early access to the 20% off clearance items sale that hit late December/ early January.  There's also a few exclusive items only VIB Rouge's can purchase.  Other major benefits are  VIB Rouge exclusive events and gifts(although I haven't been invited to or received either).  The major benefit in my mind was that you get free 3 day shipping on any sized order.

A swatch of the special VIB Rouge Lipstick
Enter Sephora Flash Shipping.  That'll run you $10 and you'll get 2 day shipping for a year.  If you're a VIB Rouge, this service is free, but you do need to sign up.  This is an amazing deal.  Whether you live far from a Sephora store and you need your beauty fix or you live near a Sephora store but the item you want is sold out or not worth a trip, this is basically the Holy Grail for any Sephora enthusiast.

Having both and having used both ways of shipping, I have to say that I prefer the Flash shipping option more.  It's not just the difference between having spent $10 or $1000.  It may seem that the only big difference is 1 extra day of shipping time, but realistically the items get shipped out from the warehouse faster too.

Overall, I'm very committed to Sephora no matter what.  They offer such an amazing selection of products from all over the world, the service at my favorite store is impeccable, and I love the selection of samples that seem to be available.  Them being able to offer the Flash service is phenomenal.  I do wish they'd step up the rewards for us VIB Rouge status holders.  Double samples maybe?  Being able to use 2 promotion codes online possibly?  Yes, I am asking my beloved Sephora for more, but I'm a VIB Rouge, don't I deserve it?

No comments:

Post a Comment