Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Walmart Beauty Box Fall 2014

Well look what arrived on my doorstep today! It's the Walmart Beauty Box for Fall 2014.  Walmart's take on the beauty box craze costs just $5 and is only available for spring, summer, fall and winter.  So is it worth the $5?


What You Get:

L'Oreal Glossy Balm in #210 Ginger Candy(full size)$6.97
L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher(foil packet)
Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj(sample vile)
Dove Oxygen Moisture Conditioner(sample)
Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo(sample)
Dove Pure Care Dry Oil For Hair(sample)
Covergirl Glossy Days Glosstini in #670 #GetGlowing(mini)
Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid(full size)$7.92
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup(foil color match packets)

Overall Value
The Glossy Balm and Secret Invisible Solid alone are worth almost $15.  So the $5 it costs includes all you get and more plus shipping. Not a bad deal at all.  This is technically a subscription, but for $20 a year total, you'll still be getting a great deal. IF you like these products.  This wouldn't be the box for those who only do higher end brands. You can also check out what'll be in the boxes on sites like Pinterest and make sure you'll like what you'll be getting.  There are 2 different boxes that are sent out (seemingly) based on age. Younger than 35 the box is mostly cosmetics, over 35 is focused on skincare.  I actually wish I was getting the skin care box, but I may just see if I can change the settings on my account...

Products
Here's a look at what the nail polish looks like.  It's very bright for me, unless I was rocking a candy corn mani. But my lovely daughter, who's 5, agreed to help me out here.

This was 2 coats.  Bright nearly full coverage in just 2 coats.  That's not too bad compared to my Zoya Pippa yellow polish.
This is the L'Oreal Glossy Balm.  Very very sheer color, but nice and moisturizing. The smell is strange and almost plastic or medicinal smelling.  Cute product but not for me.
I know I'm going to get laughed at for mentioning this.  The Dove Shampoo sample came half full, if even that.  I even weighed it on my scale. The sample is supposed to weigh 1oz and barely weighed .05oz.  Sure, it's nit picky, but if I had super long hair, I'd barely be able to get one use out of this, so how would I know how I felt about it?

I did try the Dove Pure Care Dry Oil on my curly hair right after washing it.  The smell is nice but doesn't linger.  My hair did seem softer but not oily at all.  This may be a product I go back and get the full size.

The Pink Friday was an item that I for sure would have never tried on my own and when I smelled it OMGSOMUCHFLOWERSMELL.  Not for me.

Secret Clinical Strength intrigues me.  I'll give it a try since it's got a nice light scent.  We'll see if it stands up to me chasing after my 2 wild things all day.

Packaging

My box arrived 2 weeks after I ordered it by USPS. Although the packaging is nice enough, mine got a little crushed.  No products were harmed or leaked, though. 

Overall
I'll keep my subscription for the Walmart Beauty Box.  I don't shop at Walmart, but if I do find a product I love, who knows? But I would like to see them include some Walmart exclusive beauty brands like Hard Candy(the Camouflage Concealer is great) or Flower by Drew Barrymore.  Who's not to say I'd love an item and get it at Walgreens or Target?  Or maybe some Walmart exclusive coupons? Just some ideas...

Did you get a Walmart Beauty box this season? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment