Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Target Beauty Box Fall 2014!!!

It is here!! The Target Beauty Box!! Let me give you some back story here in case you are wondering why I am so excited.  Every few months,  I here tell of legends of this box.  Full sized and deluxe sized samples of beauty treats in a cute little box or bag for just $7.  However, when I google this little lovely, what do I see? Sold. Out. What? Why? No! But not this time! Somehow, somewhere, the beauty gods smiled upon me.  Well, not really.  I am part of a Facebook group that swaps and sells cosmetics, and rumors were circulating last week that these boxes were available. Ordered it on a Tuesday and received it on Saturday.  So is it all I had hoped for and more?


First of all, I loved the packaging.  The box came USPS, wrapped in plastic with my address and such on a label.  I could see this being a problem if I was in an area where packages get "lost," but hey, my Ipsy bag comes in hot pink bubble wrap so... The Target sleeve is adorned with what looks like crushed cosmetics in the bullseye pattern. The sleeve slides off and you are left with a very sturdy and reusable white cardboard box. And inside...
Well hello to you, too.  Nicely folded in red tissue paper with my goodies is a little greeting card that has a coupon for $3 off $15 in the Target beauty department and a description of each item. As well as a coupon for Dermstore.com.  Great, since I love that site, but are they affiliated with Target?  It doesn't even matter since Target gets plenty of love from me and Dermstore carries some of my favorite brads that Target does not. Now for the goodies!
So here we have L'oreal Colour Riche Extrordinaire Lipstick, Laneige BB Cushion, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil, L'oreal Elnett, and Fekkai Blowout.  The L'oreal and NYX are full size, the Elnett is the travel sized can, the Fekkai is the travel sized can, and the Laneige is a deluxe sized sample. 
Laneige is a newer brand to Target stores, well known as a favorite skincare brand from South Korea.  I'd already gotten my hands on the BB Cushion a few weeks ago at my Target store in the color medium.  For the full sized and 1 refill, it's $34.  That may seem like a lot to spend at Target for skincare/foundation, but this thing is amazing!!!  It blends so well, giving great coverage and sun protection.  The whole air cushion foundation thing is new to us in the states, but just like BB and CC creams, I predict a takeover. This sample gives you all 3 colors to try and a mini cushion!  Since I already love this item, I plan to try the light sample for highlighting and the dark for contouring.  Because these are so blend able, I have high hopes.

L'oreal Elnett happens to also be another one of my favorite items.  This travel sized can(2.2 oz) is the "Extra Strong Hold" formula.  I am excited about this because the travel size bottle goes for $6.69 at Target stores.  As much as I'd love to have a travel size, the price for the full size ($12.99 for 11oz) just makes more sense for me.  Now I have a travel sized bottle to throw in my purse too. As far as the quality? If you haven't tried Elnett yet, just do it.  The price seems like a splurge but it will soon be the only hairspray you buy.  It offers hold but it brushes out super easy. No crispy hair here!
Fekkai Blowout is a dry shampoo, and it's the travel sized bottle that retails for $7.99.  I'm neither here nor there with dry shampoos.  Mostly with my curly hair, they are a nightmare. But I'll give this one a try.
NYX is one of my favorite drugstore brands.  This pencil has so many uses and retails for only $4.49 for the same full sized Jumbo Eye Pencil.    Somehow I happen to not have this color, Milk, which is a matte white.  The formula is creamy and easy to apply, no pulling and lots of pigment.  I'll use this to line my waterline to make my eyes seem bigger and more awake and as a shadow primer.
Finally, a new product that I love!  It's L'oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Blushing Harmony.  I will be honest and say that I've never tried or even thought about grabbing a L'oreal gloss/lipstick.  Not any more.  This color is so natural and so silky, the color of a lipstick but the feeling of a gloss. The applicator is a very flexible tear drop shaped thingy that just works great with this formula.  This lippy retails for $7.99 for the same full sized.  I'm really looking forward to trying more of these colors.

So all and all? The box costs $7(plus $5 for shipping without the Target Red Card).  The value of the items you receive is $28 including the value of the deluxe Laniege sample.  Get yours while you can. This is a great deal for amazing products!

No comments:

Post a Comment