Monday, March 9, 2015

Mask Monday! REN Radiance Skincare Regime

I have a pretty iron clad routine when it comes to my skin care.  And almost every Friday night is a dedicated "Spa Night" at my house.  I set aside at least an hour and pamper my skin with extra care.  I swear just that one hour washes away all the temper tantrums and wtf moments of the week.  I like to mix it up when it comes to the kind of mandatory masks I do and I'm going to share a few with you.  Welcome to Mask Monday!  Expect a mixture of different masks for different concerns as well as masks at different price points.



My first experience with REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask was from an itty bitty sample from Sephora.  I'm no stranger to acid peels and glycolic acid.  That stuff is strong and you can feel it working, aka it stings!  But oh feel that burn because it is so so worth it.  Hello gorgeous glowing skin.

This particular mask is gentler than a peel but its on your skin for less than say a clay mask.  10 minutes is all you need to the most radiant supple skin.  It also say's that it "reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles."  The scent experience with this mask is amazingly refreshing since it smells sort of like oranges.  The texture is gooey and almost sticky and grainy.  I wasn't expecting the graininess when I tried it and was worried that it would just irritate my skin after the gylcolic and latic acids.  But no crazy irritation, just very radiant skin and noticeably smaller pores.  Again, that may be because I'm used to stronger stuff.  I'd recommend maybe doing this for just a couple minutes if this is your first time and then rinse with cool water.

Needless to say, I really love this stuff and had to grab the full size.  In my research I found that I could either get the 50ml size for $55 OR the Radiance Renewal Regime for $55.  UH duh, yes, sign me up to try new REN products basically for free.  The Radiance Renewal Regime includes the Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask(50ml), Micro Polish Cleanser(30ml), Resurfacing AHA Concentrate(2ml), Satin Perfection BB Cream(15ml), and a muslin cloth in an awesome orange reusable tin.  It's a great deal and since orange is my favorite color I know I'll be getting a lot of use from it.

I've only tried the Micro Polish Cleanser besides the mask, and I loooooove it.  It's a very rough textured exfoliant, and that is really the only kind that makes my gigantic pothole pores look any bit smaller.  Yup, I'm obsessed.

You can pick up this lovely set to try for yourself at Sephora for $55.  If you do, I want to hear all about it AND I want to hear about your beauty routines!  Do you have a "Spa Night" or a ritual that helps you relax and refresh?

No comments:

Post a Comment