Friday, August 15, 2014

My Little Juggling Act

Ahhh the quest to be the best mom ever.  My daughter took this picture of me after Enchanted Castles Camp and before Hip Hop/Jazz dance class.  After dance, we either do a park play date and adventure walk or go swimming.  And that's just Tuesday.

Are my kids over scheduled? Nope. Just busy.  But that's ok.  They need to learn to be flexible in trying new things but also stick to a schedule.  Besides, busy kids are happy kids.  Am I a Competa-Mom(mom that competes with other moms to be the very very best)? Hell no.  Moms and dads, grandmas and grandpas, child care givers, we're in this together.  Doing the best we can to make sure the kids in our lives get to do and see it all and develop and cultivate their interests.

But rest assured that I do it for myself as much as I do it for them.  When they are in classes, that's my time.  If it's a short class you'll find me clutching a giant cup of coffee and socializing with other moms(Yay! Other adults!).  Sure, we mostly talk about our kids, but it's SO nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with potty training or tantrums.  If it's a long class I meditate(that's what I call going to Target without kids), maybe squeeze in a workout, basically the world is my oyster.  Oh and all the play dates are half socializing for everyone involved and half me thinking "please let this make them tired enough so they will take a nap or go to bed early."




No comments:

Post a Comment